The Senior Financial Analyst, International Finance supports the International Controller in directing and managing accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, analysis and treasury functions in support of the International Operations in Latin America, including wholly-owned subsidiaries ADS Puerto Rico and ADS International Export, as well as joint venture operations in Mexico and South America.
This position reports directly to the International Controller of ADS, Inc.
The Senior Financial Analyst, International Finance has direct and significant contact with the Senior Vice President – International Operations, and other senior management representatives. Has direct contact with all levels of the organization, and works very closely with local management members of the local foreign subsidiaries and corporate accounting, financial planning and treasury teams of ADS, Inc.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with Mexico’s and ADS, Inc.’s accounting and finance team for the monthly reporting and analysis of operations, including support of monthly KPI reporting for our joint venture operation in Mexico.
- Coordinates the annual budget and re-plan processes with local team members and ADS, Inc.’s FP&A team.
- Assists the local teams in establishing and ensuring compliance with SOX-related internal controls and other corporate governance initiatives such as implementation of FCPA-related practices.
- Assists the local teams with planning and execution of the annual external audit work, including collaborating with external auditors in Mexico.
- Supports due diligence and analysis work related to Company’s business acquisition initiatives.
- Supports analysis and decision making with respect to currency risk management.
- Supports the monthly consolidation reporting processes and reconciliation of inter-company accounts of our joint venture operation in Mexico.
- Strategic business partner with Vice President – International Operations
- Oversees accounting and profitability analysis for the subsidiaries based in Latin America
- Ensures Company compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements of international business units
- Coordinates the preparation and distribution of all internal financial, sales and operational reporting for the Latina America subsidiaries
- Coordinates the budget process with key members of local Latin America management teams
- Supports Company initiatives to assess new business opportunities or acquisitions in Latin America or international markets
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Effective strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Business maturity to interact with multiple organizational levels
- Strong teamwork and people-related skills
- Effective strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong technical international accounting & auditing skills, including and exposure to a multi-currency business environment
- Problem solving and analytical insight
- Working knowledge of Oracle system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish (writing, reading and speaking) required
- Professional working proficiency in English (writing, reading and speaking) required
CPA certification or MBA beneficial, but not mandatory
- Five or more years in a financial reporting environment, preferably with a publicly-traded company.
- Two-plus years of international business background or multi-national experience