Performs a variety of engineering work in designing, planning and overseeing manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic components, equipment, systems and machinery used in production of products and operation of plant utilities. May work closely with other engineering disciplines in development and application of new systems or refinement of existing equipment and processes.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates new equipment and software for machinery and plant systems.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance to plants in the event of equipment malfunction. May work with plant or outside technical support personnel on such problems.
- Works on the design and programming of electrical/mechanical systems for specific equipment and general plant installations. Examples would be corrugators, plant material handling systems, off-line production equipment and general plant electrical utilities.
- Maintains control software files and mechanical drawings, keeping them current and accurate.
- Oversees installation and debugging of new equipment and plant systems.
- Assists in acceptance test and debug of equipment from OEM’s.
- Coordinates manpower assigned to electrical /mechanical portion of new project activities.
- Ability to travel 25% to 30% to travel within U.S. and Canada.
- Operates under general direction of the Electrical Eng. Mgr. or may act as team leader on projects with high engineering content.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- reading and creating electrical diagrams
- modifying or creating PLC programs from Automation direct
- able to troubleshoot and correct problems with production equipment.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods