Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
We're looking for a Regional Engineer to join our team!
The primary responsibility of the Regional Engineer is to open and develop markets for our products by obtaining approval / acceptance for their use in design and construction specifications at the national, provincial, regional, city, and municipal levels, as well as with engineering and consulting firms. The primary product emphasis is on HDPE & PP pipe for use on storm drainage applications, but also includes sanitary pipe, Stormtech chambers, Nyloplast structures, and water quality devices.
Here’s a look into what you will be doing in this role:
Manage Municipal Agency Regulatory Approval Efforts
- Direct management responsibility for 6-8 major approval targets
- Responsible for City/County approval management
- Manage HDPE/HP approval process with City/County Agencies
- Assigned MBO approval targets
- Support Engineered Product Manager (EPM) and Sales assigned approval initiatives
- Work closely with Zone Sales Management to identify and coordinate approval needs
- Manage and support EPM/Sales approval efforts in Zone
District DOT Offices
- Responsible for Southern California DOT District Office product acceptance
- Manage assigned District Office relationships to increase acceptance of HDPE/HP
- Support EPM and Sales assigned initiatives
- Responsible for developing influential high level relationships at DOT District Offices.
Sanitary/Water Quality/Retention Detention
- Work closely with EPM and Sales on approvals for State DEP, Sanitary Districts, Water
Management Districts, etc.
- Assigned MBO approval targets
Chief Technical Expert for Southern California
- Cross-trained in all major technical areas – pipe design, retention/detention design, material
properties, Water Quality, LID, installation, etc.
- Responsible for field technical support of EPM’s in Zone
- Assist in management of major claims and field support issues
field engineer, field, engineer, zone engineer, sales engineer, professional engineer, civil engineer
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.